EPIC’s custom fabrication shop allows EPIC to complete all projects in-house. Our production-style fabrication techniques, in a controlled shop environment, provide several advantages to our clients:
- Higher quality is achieved through controlled, production style construction of the system and does not interrupt or shut-down pre-existing operations
- Shortened project timelines are attained in-house through fabrication occurring simultaneously with site civil and facilities engineering.
- Weather delays are eliminated during fabrication as projects are completed indoors
- Lower capital and labor costs are achieved through efficient use of material and smaller field crews
- Seamless project management from start to finish is achieved by housing the fabrication shop in the same building as the engineering offices, allowing clear communication between the project engineers and the shop fabrication and assembly team
- For multi-unit projects, maximum capital efficiency is achieved by designing one template and building exact duplicates
- Systems undergo full process system testing and checkout prior to shipment, providing fast startup
- EPIC’s stringent Quality Assurance Program ensures project integrity throughout the fabrication, assembly and testing process
- Safety risks are reduced for plant personnel with fewer onsite OSHA exposure hours and smaller crew sizes
- Secrecy of process technology is protected as fabrication occurs in a secure environment
EPIC’s on-site fabrication team is equipped to handle the following challenges:
Sanitary projects: EPIC has a separate shop and tool sets for projects involving carbon steel so no cross-contamination occurs. EPIC is equipped with an orbital welder for completely sanitary piping projects.
Electrical panels: EPIC designs, fabricates and wires all electrical panels and components in-house in our panel shop.
Modular Process Projects: EPIC routinely builds large modular process systems in our fabrication shop which features high-clearance ceilings and loading dock doors.
Structural and piping projects: Our welding staff is fully equipped to complete all welding and piping projects including projects involving carbon steel, sanitary piping, aluminum and Hastelloy’s.
Custom projects: Most projects completed in our shop are custom projects. Our experienced shop staff, quality control manager and engineering project managers work together on every custom project to ensure success. All projects completed in the EPIC fabrication shop leave fully assembled, tested and ready for on-site installation.
Machine Vision Systems: We have a dedicated machine vision lab to complete our machine vision projects. If a shop project requires a machine vision system, vision technicians have full access to the fabrication shop for testing and installation.