CLIENT: A Fortune 500 company
INDUSTRY: Consumer Products
Key Engineering Features:
- Downtime and OEE tracking system
- Continuous OEE statistics displayed on plant floor
- Web based system with unlimited instant user access to OEE and downtime data
- Interfacing with existing historian system
- Ability to run reports over specific time spans
- Limited Budget for Implementation
- Integration with pre-existing data collection system
- User friendly operation for fast data entry
- Admin Remote Accessibility for real time desktop reporting
An EPIC Solution
EPIC completed its front-end engineering approach from the concept stage of the project to assure the most efficient process and accurate cost quotation. They reviewed the state of the current data collection system with the client. EPIC’s engineers completed a line analysis and created an implementation plan that included the following elements:
- A cloud (web)-based solution allowing access by admins from desktops as well as displays on the plant floor
- Integration of existing data collection platform
- Unlimited user log on for multiple connection access points
- OEE stats available at a glance for entire line or individual machines (MOEE)
- Required operator inputs for machine downtime, keeping records accurate
- Custom reporting’s for multiple parameters over user selected periods of time
EPIC Systems can integrate OEE and downtime tracking systems for lines and machines without pre-existing data collection systems. Other operations include integrating the OEE reporting with the MES systems to coordinate material orders, shift schedules, and changeovers with line efficiency.
EPIC’s Proven Solution
EPIC worked with the pre-existing historian system at the plant to integrate the new OEE and downtime tracking system. They programmed and installed this system without interruption of plant operations.
EPIC’s system shows OEE statistics at a glance for entire lines or for individual machines on the line. The system measures how much product is created over a period of time by looking at the number of cases at the end of the line. This is compared to case expectations for a line running at 100% efficiency. For individual machines, the percent of available uptime used is measured.
If a machine or line goes down, the operator is required to input the reason, the technician performing the repair, and other relevant information. During this process the system records the amount of downtime, allowing for better tracking, identification of problems on the line and faster information sharing.
Remote admins can view the system from their desktop due to the cloud based solution. The software integration allows for unlimited users without requiring the cost of extra licenses.
- Improved productivity and efficiency on all lines
- Continuously updating snapshot of the efficiency of all lines and machines
- Installation without downtime or interruption to running operations
- Improved line reliability and speed of information
- Integration was achieved under budget
The EPIC Difference
EPIC provided expert insight during the design, automation and start-up process. Due to EPIC’s experience in the field, EPIC was able to recommend the correct applications and prevent problems before they arose.
The EPIC Difference includes several key features that assure a projects success:
- Front-End Engineering to ensure that the proper steps are taken during project scope development
- Plant engineering experience that assists clients to identify needs, pinpoint objectives and provide the most appropriate manufacturing equipment for the application
- Open door client policy to promote innovation. We invite clients to visit EPIC to experiment with new processes, technologies and techniques that push the limits of traditional engineering.
- Accountability to responsibly manage our clients’ projects from start-to-finish and beyond.
- A transfer of knowledge (not just a basic training) for the systems and equipment we provide
- Single point of direct contact during the entirety of the project
- State-of-the-art shop which decreases down-time and increases the speed of project completion