A manual pail filling system is labor intensive and costly to automate. Filling can be dangerous, due to hazardous fumes and chemical handling.
EPIC has worked with companies to provide everything from basic filling systems that integrate existing technology and equipment, to custom filling applications. On every complete packaging line we deliver, we guarantee the line fill rate.
A custom integrated solution will increase your throughput, reduce risk and save you money. Automation is achievable with even the most random positioning of your pails on the filling line. Some of the design aspects that EPIC works through include:
- Pail Orientation– Machine vision guided filling/ orienting for pail, pressure testing before fill
- Pail Handling– Single line or palletized pails, bulk handling, manual applications
- Pail Filling & Sealing– Correct filling technology researched and provided (speed and sanitary requirements understood), subsurface filling, high-speed filling, automated dribble feed for accuracy
- Pail Inspection– Cap detection, fill level inspection, code dating, and label inspection
- Cap removal/ replacement– Torque to proper specification
- Full Pail Handling– Provide conveying systems to transport pail to the final location
- Leak Pressure Testing
- Hazardous fumes/ chemicals purging
- Palletizing– Palletizing drums/pails, stretch wrapping, pallet labeling, full pallet check weighing
Select Case Studies: Pail Filling System
A negative experience with an OEM left our client with a malfunctioning filler and a delayed timeline. EPIC re-programmed the filler and integrated an in-feed line with the existing pail filling line. Mass micro-flow meters were also installed to increase filling accuracy. Full Semi-Automated Pail Filling System case study…
Key features: Custom filler upgrades and programming, mass micro-flow meters, semi-automatic pail filling line, custom in-feed line with capper, crimper and lift assist, modified palletizer
“Our team at Solutia called on the engineers at EPIC Systems, Inc. to write PLC programming and beef up the equipment for our Skydrol packaging lines. The service we’d previously received from another system integrator was sub-standard and not robust enough to meet our manufacturing objectives. However, the new control system configured and implemented by EPIC’s engineers met or exceeded all of our expectations for success. We got what we needed and we continue to have success with the packaging system as a result of working with EPIC.”
– Greg Kanteres, Director of Corporate Engineering | Solutia
We are confident in our ability to automate your line. With over nineteen years of packaging line automation experience, we know what the challenges are and how to integrate for them. We believe in our method so much that we will guarantee the agreed upon line efficiency if we complete a turnkey packaging line for you. Contact our packaging experts today to learn more.
Why EPIC Packaging Systems?
EPIC methodically plans the project from the beginning, with our Front-end engineering process. Our team of experienced engineers works with the client to find the most cost-effective approach to deliver the right solution. EPIC provides the customer a clear path forward that includes initial layout, a firm budget, project timeline, defined scope of work, production rate and major equipment specifications.
Once completed, we assemble and test pail filling applications in our on-site fabrication facility before shipment. Customers are involved with the entire process and are invited to test the system before shipment to the customer site. This assures that each custom filling system performs to the required specification, and allows faster start-up in the field.